Chief of Party
Published on: 31 Jan, 2021
Application Deadline: 18 Feb, 2021
Handicap International (humanity & Inclusion) in Bangladesh
Address : House # 3/A, Road # 36, Gulshan , Dhaka-1212
Web : https://hi.org/en/index
- Under the line management of the HI Bangladesh Country Director, as Chief of Party, you will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Bangladesh.
- You will be responsible for the success and oversight of the Shobai Miley Pori project. As Chief of Party, you will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Bangladesh and the relevant external and internal partners.
- You will be responsible for the overall implementation of this inclusive Education project, including financial and operational management.
- In this framework, your main responsibilities will be:
- Overall project management (including planning, implementation, and monitoring)
- Ensure that the project’s activities implemented to comply with HI technical norms and standards; responsible for the technical quality and relevance of project activities implemented
- Project Human Resources, Finance & Logistics Management
- Consortium team management
- Partnership Management (international and local implementing partners): you are responsible for the overall management of the consortium partners (including sub-awardees)
- External coordination/Representation with donors, relevant government representatives, and other actors
- Project Strategic Development
- Work at office
- Master’s degree preferably in Education, Disability Studies, Social Development, International Development, or in any other relevant field
- At least 10 year(s)
- Age at least 21 years
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a leadership position in a project of similar magnitude and complexity (in Bangladesh would be an asset).
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), or Project Director of a project of comparable or larger magnitude in scope, funding and staffing (responsible for the financial and operational aspects). Preferably for USAID supported program.
- Past technical experience in any of the following areas: disability-inclusive education (preferable), education, social inclusion, or social development.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing project management and quality control tools, including content editing, to ensure quality deliverables from a team across areas, including with local staff and organizations.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other donor programs and with USAID implementing partners for creative solutions, and complementarities to maximize results.
- Previous work experience in Bangladesh or South Asia would be an asset
- You are fluent in English
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Read Before Apply
Handicap International-Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply and they will be preferred in case of equal qualifications with other candidates.
HI promotes and upholds the principles of equal opportunities and policies (PSEAH, Child Protection, etc.). HI has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or a child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners. Recruitment to all jobs in HI includes, in particular, criminal record checks and the collection of relevant references. Safeguarding our beneficiaries is our top priority in everything we do.
HI is committed to a workplace that is safe for all people to grow professionally regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, or race. HI extends this commitment to equality and Do No Harm to all staff, volunteers, partners, and beneficiaries. A strong commitment to these values, the humanitarian principles with a focus on equity and inclusion. A competitive candidate will uphold and implement these values in their personal and professional lives.
Any sort of persuasion by the person, phone, email, or other means in this regard will automatically disqualify the candidate. The selected employee should clearly understand that all final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful reference check, the pre-employment screening will be performed for all selected applicants.