Recently International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) . published a Job Circular. Bangladesh Citizen can be applied to this Job Circular. So if you built your career International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) can apply for this job. We will be given this Jobs all updated information here. Recently Dhaka, Chittagong, Mymensingh, Rangpur, Sylhet,Rajshahi, Khulna and Barishal Devision All Department Job Circular publish.
You know https://jobholders24.com/ published all jobs circular. As a result, International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) Circular published now. Those Who wants to join this requirement can be applied by this circular. We also will be published all information of this job. We also will be published International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) Job and more Got and non-govt job circular in Bangladesh.
Published on: 02 May, 2019
Application Deadline: May 12, 2019
Assistant Scientist – Breeding Experiments and Field Trials
|Closing Date||:||May 12, 2019|
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
This position will support and assist of the scientists/staffs under TRB/ AGGRi Alliance of NAREs/ private partners and ACI-IRRI PPP and other upcoming projects to establish field trials and other experiments with breeding lines/ germplasm using appropriate experimental design and layout. Will also monitor and evaluate the progress of the trials on agronomic management, data collection, processing, analysis and report writing. Ensure information generated by the projects is provided to the relevant scientists and supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the appropriate implementation of research/breeding trials including appropriate experimental design, field lay-out, agronomic practices, data collection, process, analysis etc.
- Coordinate with collaborating partners on their research requirements
- Verify suggested methodologies and establish parameters
- Select and facilitate adequate research tools and equipment
- Manage researcher, technicians and laborers
- Coordinate the required services and supplies for rice breeding activities
- Assign, monitor and evaluate research activities/tasks performed by Researchers, Research Technicians and contract workers
- Provide technical guidance when necessary
- Maintain research trials/experiments by fostering a productive teamwork environment
- Assist in developing standard research protocol
- Assure maintenance of accurate data recording and update database
- Analyze and validate data using appropriate advanced statistical tools independently
- Assist in the interpretation of results
- Make recommendations for further research
- Take part in development and completion of appropriate field trials/experiments in relation to developing desired rice varieties
- Lead in the development of training materials and provide training to the field researcher, technicians and workers on field lay-out, setting trials/experiments, agronomic operations and data collection
- Act as resource person for training courses and visitors
- Provide appropriate logistics for research trials/experiments to field researchers, technicians and workers
- Supervise the work of researcher and technicians
- Contribute to the professional development of researcher and technicians
- Contribute in preparing research reports and journal papers
- Prepare posters and power-point presentation for local and international conferences
- Participate and present papers or posters at scientific workshops/conferences as directed by the supervisor
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural degree with 5 years of relevant work experience in modern breeding methodologies particularly in field trials and other breeding experiments, or
- Master of Science degree in Genetics and Breeding or relevant subject and at least 3 years work experience in modern breeding methodologies particularly in field trials and other breeding experiments
- PhD degree in advance breeding research is a preference.
- Has proven technical proficiency in conducting research experiments
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Has strong analytical skills
- Has experience in research management (field trials)
- Has good presentation skills
- Has excellent computer skills
- Has experience of supervising or overseeing staffs
- Research work experience in an international research organization/ institute working with rice
- Research experience in ‘Molecular Plant Breeding’ will be an added advantage
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Jobs Source: online
Interested & eligible candidates are requested to submit their application to(https://www.irri.org/jobs).
IRRI regrets that only shortlisted applicants will be notified and any kind of persuasion in the selection process will lead to cancellation of candidature. Join Us to Deliver Rice Science for a Better World. Join Us to Deliver Rice Science for a Better World.
IRRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
Bangladesh Office, House-103, Road-1, Block-F, Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh.
Web : www.irri.org
Private Company in Bangladesh, Private University Jobs in Bangladesh. Bank Jobs Results, Government Jobs Results, Government University Jobs result in Bangladesh and all Part-time Jobs in Bangladesh and other educational support are available here on our website. We provide different types of job information with also provide some effective information or resource and job tips which helps to get a job easily. Private Company in Bangladesh, Private University Jobs in Bangladesh. Bank Jobs Results, Government Jobs Results, Government University Jobs result in Bangladesh and all Part-time Jobs in Bangladesh and other educational support are available here on our website. We provide different types of job information with also provide some effective information or resource and job tips which helps to get a job easily. Government jobs in Bangladesh, Bank jobs in Bangladesh, NGO jobs in Bangladesh, Private jobs in Bangladesh, Part-time jobs in Bangladesh, International Organization jobs in Bangladesh, Educational jobs in Bangladesh, Marketing jobs in Bangladesh, IT Center jobs in Bangladesh, Pharma jobs in Bangladesh, Private School & College jobs in Bangladesh, Company jobs in Bangladesh, and we have published the Govt exam result, Bank jobs exam result, Private jobs exam result, Part-time jobs exam result, NGO jobs exam result, Marketing jobs exam result, Company jobs exam result, NU exam result, NU admission result, NU admission notice, NU admit card download, NU exam date notice, SSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, Board Challenge, HSSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, JSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, Boar Challenge, PSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight