Recently United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) published a Job Circular. Bangladesh Citizen can be applied to this Job Circular. So if you built your career United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) can apply for this job. We will be given this Jobs all updated information here. Recently Dhaka, Chittagong, Mymensingh, Rangpur, Sylhet,Rajshahi, Khulna and Barishal Devision All Department Job Circular publish.
You know https://jobsholders.com/ published all jobs circular. As a result, United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Circular published now. Those Who wants to join this requirement can be applied by this circular. We also will be published all information of this job. We also will be published United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job and more Got and non-govt job circular in Bangladesh.
Published on: 28 April, 2019
Application Deadline: 11 May, 2019
Procurement Officer, FT-NOB, Dhaka
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Dhaka, Country Officers (COs). The job holders may report to Head of Supply Chain and Emergency Response Preparedness. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, guide more junior staff to ensure effective procurement services.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Supply Chain and Emergency Response Preparedness the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Tendering & Contracting||Demonstrates ability to establish and manage small contracts/ portions of larger contracts that enhance the value WFP obtains from its engagements (e.g., cost, efficiency, quality).|
|Vendor Management||Demonstrates working knowledge and understanding of the supplier network and business needs to effectively select vendors that meet the selection criteria.|
|Commodity/Product/Service Intelligence||Selects appropriate products and/or services in own area based on a basic understanding of sources, country requirements, and public procurement principles/practices.|
|Systems & Reporting||Demonstrates strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.|
|Ethics & Compliance||Demonstrates ability to collect, collate and report records relating to ethics and compliance to assist in the analysis of audit findings.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: Have at least 10 years of experience in Procurement field, including minimum 3 years in managerial role.
Language: Good command over spoken and written English and Bangla
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic knowledge on Procurement to the juniors
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
• Experience conducting cost analyses.
• Experience working with vendors or other partners.
- CIPS Level 2 certificate will be added advantage
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TYPE AND LEVEL OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term, NOB
DUTY STATION: Dhaka, Bangladesh
DURATION:1 year, renewable
NATIONALITY: Bangladeshi only
MONTHLY NET SALARY: As per UN Salary Scale of NOB
Jobs Source: online
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Private Company in Bangladesh, Private University Jobs in Bangladesh. Bank Jobs Results, Government Jobs Results, Government University Jobs result in Bangladesh and all Part-time Jobs in Bangladesh and other educational support are available here on our website. We provide different types of job information with also provide some effective information or resource and job tips which helps to get a job easily. Private Company in Bangladesh, Private University Jobs in Bangladesh. Bank Jobs Results, Government Jobs Results, Government University Jobs result in Bangladesh and all Part-time Jobs in Bangladesh and other educational support are available here on our website. We provide different types of job information with also provide some effective information or resource and job tips which helps to get a job easily. Government jobs in Bangladesh, Bank jobs in Bangladesh, NGO jobs in Bangladesh, Private jobs in Bangladesh, Part-time jobs in Bangladesh, International Organization jobs in Bangladesh, Educational jobs in Bangladesh, Marketing jobs in Bangladesh, IT Center jobs in Bangladesh, Pharma jobs in Bangladesh, Private School & College jobs in Bangladesh, Company jobs in Bangladesh, and we have published the Govt exam result, Bank jobs exam result, Private jobs exam result, Part-time jobs exam result, NGO jobs exam result, Marketing jobs exam result, Company jobs exam result, NU exam result, NU admission result, NU admission notice, NU admit card download, NU exam date notice, SSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, Board Challenge, HSSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, JSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, Boar Challenge, PSC exam result, exam date, admit card download, We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight