Recently The British Council published a Job Circular. Bangladesh Citizen can be applied to this Job Circular. So if you built your career The British Council can apply for this job. We will be given this Jobs all updated information here. Recently Dhaka, Chittagong, Mymensingh, Rangpur, Sylhet,Rajshahi, Khulna and Barishal Devision All Department Job Circular publish.
You know https://jobsholders.com/ published all jobs circular. As a result, The British Council Circular published now. Those Who wants to join this requirement can be applied by this circular. We also will be published all information of this job. We also will be published The British Council Job and more Got and non-govt job circular in Bangladesh.
Published on: 08 April, 2019
Application Deadline: 15 April 2019
Terms of Reference (TOR) Bangla Language Editor and Proofreader
The overall objective of this assignment is to ensure accuracy and alignment with government priorities of all policy documents, communications materials, reports including but not limited to training manuals, handouts, brochures, policy brief, policy on pager etc.
The specific objective of this assignment is to assist the communication and different result areas in editing, proofreading, formatting and finalizing all documents produced in Bangla.
Number of vacancies: 03
The successful applicant will be expected to:
Scope of work:
The Editor and proof-reader will review and edit all documents/reports and ensure accuracy in terms of grammar, style, spelling, formatting and punctuation, with a view to strengthening overall clarity and quality of writing. In rare cases, the editor may need to be involved in substantively revising documents. Following are some specific scope of this assignment mentioned –
- Edit and finalise all documents produced in Bangla to confirm grammatical and factual accuracy, consistency and logical format;
- Ensure that all content is free of spelling mistakes, and professionally and logically presented removing redundant content;
- Review, verify and edit to ensure use of gender and culturally sensitive language in the document;
- In collaboration with responsible staff, guide the drafts through fact-checking and copy-editing processes and track responses to queries; edit and review final copy of report or document.
- Edit and proof-read all documents and its annexes produced in Bangla;
- Ensure the messages in the documents are in line with the government messaging priority on policy instruments;
- Ensure easy understandable sentences are used for CSOs and community people to grasp the effectiveness of such documents;
- Edit text input for website before they are uploaded
- Edit and proof-read any other documents as per requirement.
Estimated duration of contract and work schedule:
This is a requirement-based assignment, not a full-time job, however, based on priority and emergency sometimes this may become a fulltime responsibility. The work needs to be done against an approved Work Plan and the duration of the contract is till 31 January 2020. Specific deliverables and time frame are determined based on the requirements of result areas or activities or the purpose of the development of the document.
The consultant/s will closely coordinate with the Senior Communications Officer and work in collaboration with other relevant personnel.
Minimum graduation in Bangla, Journalism, Communication, Public Administration, or Social Science related field.
Minimum 7 years relevant experience of writing, editing and proofreading reports, communication materials, training materials among others;
Experience working directly with the government on policy issues;
Experience working with development partners and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in both speaking and writing in Bangla is a must;
- Sound Skills in Bangla grammar, sentence structure and subject verb agreement;
- Sound understanding of spelling and technical wording;
- Solid editorial skills with demonstrated ability for logical and analytical writing and editing;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce quality work in a short time, within deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer proficiency including Internet and Microsoft Office;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good understanding of the transparency and governance issues is preferred.
This position is to be contracted by the British Council under consultancy modality. The TOR is subject to update and modifications as per project requirement.
Jobs Source: online
Interested candidates are requested to submit their detailed CV along with a one-page cover letter and an original unedited writing sample to Siamul.Rabbany@britishcouncil.org
In the cover letter, please provide your expected quotation for per-page proof-reading and editing separately.
The British Council
Private Company in Bangladesh, Private University Jobs in Bangladesh. Bank Jobs Results, Government Jobs Results, Government University Jobs result in Bangladesh and all Part-time Jobs in Bangladesh and other educational support are available here on our website. We provide different types of job information with also provide some effective information or resource and job tips which helps to get a job easily. We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight