Recently Open Society Foundations published a Job Circular. You can be applied to this Job Circular. So if you built your career Open Society Foundations can apply for this job. We will be given this Jobs all updated information here. Recently USA, UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapur, Qatar, United Arab Arimat Job Circular publish.
You know https://jobsholders.com/ published all jobs circular. As a result, Open Society Foundations Job Circular published now. Those Who wants to join this requirement can be applied by this circular. We also will be published all information of this job. We also will be published Open Society Foundations Job and more Got and non-govt job circular in Bangladesh.
Published on: Oct 18, 2018
Program Specialist- Latin America
The Open Society Foundations’ Latin America Program addresses rights and governance issues in Latin America and the Caribbean primarily through grant making, network-building, and the development of specific initiatives. We focus on supporting Latin American and Caribbean efforts to reform democratic institutions in ways that are more open and responsive to citizens, realizing human rights, and reducing homicides in a region with extremely high levels of violence. We are committed to advancing democratic practice, citizen security, homicide reduction and human rights, primarily through grant making to civil society actors in these fields. Within the broader network of the Open Society Foundations, the Latin America Program seeks to provide added value through sharing its understanding of political context, facilitating contacts, brokering relationships, and identifying strategic opportunities in the region.
Under the supervision of a Division Director, the Program Specialist will work the Latin America Program division focused on advancing democracy and human rights in the region, including significant initiatives on Broadening Public Support for Human Rights; Countering the Undue Influence of Money on Politics; and Challenging Kleptocratic Governance in the Northern Triangle. The Program Specialist is a professional program role at Open Society, performing a wide range of responsibilities that materially advance program strategies. This role requires specialized knowledge of democracy and/or human rights issues in Latin America, and also of how to use the various tools available to the organization for accomplishing its objectives.
Duties and responsibilities will include any or all of the following and/or similar activities:
- conducting research and analyzing and synthesizing data/information to be used in decision-making, strategy development, budget planning, monitoring and evaluation of grants portfolios in the relevant division or other program processes.
- conducting a wide range of activities related to the grant making process and/or analytical work in support of field development, advocacy, and regional projects
- analyzing grant proposals (including budget analysis), designing grants (type of support, degree of flexibility, duration, payment structure, reporting/learning expectations, etc.) and drafting grant recommendations
- contributing to assessment of organizations
- participating in monitoring of grants and in evaluating grant portfolios
- partnering closely with program administration staff to ensure efficient flow of grants processing and other similar information
- completing administrative tasks or projects as needed and assigned, including processing grants, developing tools and templates, coordinating event logistics, and processing vendor contracts and consultancy agreements
- interacting with OSF operational departments and managing internal processes to achieve program goals and to advance organizational objectives
- developing and maintaining a network of relationships with key actors, including division partners in the region and within the OSF network
- developing the concept and agenda, and engaging with key players in convenings, research initiatives, and advocacy efforts
- carrying out ongoing monitoring of specific issues or geographies
- frequent travel required
- join or lead ad hoc working groups assembled to address specific issues, including responding to unforeseen opportunities or challenges
- may take the lead on program-wide projects or issues, as assigned
- a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role
- highly skilled in researching and processing information and analyzing its importance in informing program strategy implementation and grant making
- knowledge of current issues, actors and dynamics related to the democracy and human rights fields in Latin America and the Caribbean
- prior work experience within a civil society organization or government institution in Latin America
- demonstrated skills in program or project monitoring, evaluation and learning
- excellent written and spoken English
- fluency in Spanish; Portuguese proficiency is a plus
- ability to recognize and work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints
- willingness and ability to exercise sound professional judgment on issues of sensitivity
- ability to work constructively and collegially with colleagues at all levels in the hierarchy of the organization as well as with external partners throughout Latin America and the Caribbean
- diplomatic, discreet, able to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
- well-developed emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-management, and empathy
- organized, strong project management ability, self-directed on work initiatives, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- strong commitment to open society values of human rights, justice, transparency and accountability, and democratic practice
- strong commitment to inclusion and respect for all colleagues regardless of identity or seniority
- collaborative, collegial working style and sense of humor
LocationNew York, New York
ExperienceEarly Career / Mid Career
Jobs Source: online
Please include a cover letter and resume as one document when submitting an application
Open Society Foundations
New York, New York
Open Society Foundations, Private Company in Bangladesh, Private University Jobs in World. Bank Jobs Results, Government Jobs Results, Government University Jobs result in World and all Part-time Jobs in USA and other educational support are available here on our website. We provide different types of job information with also provide some effective information or resource and job tips which helps to get a job easily. We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight.