Syngenta headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and is among the world’s leading companies in Agriculture Crop protection and ranks in the top 3 in the high value commercial seeds market. In Syngenta we are helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 48,000 people in over 100 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Join Syngenta and help build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Post Name: Territory Production Officer
Published on: 14 Oct, 2021
Application Deadline: October 23,2021
To handle Rice field operations. Produce and Supply of high-quality Rice hybrid and OP seed through Syngenta BD compliance process.
Job Description / Responsibility:
Field Production: (Hybrid seed & OP Rice seed)
- Area sourcing based on the approved targets from Seed ops Manager BD by following Grower, Field and Village selection & evaluation process.
- Identify and propose suitable seed production organizer after survey for review and approval by seed ops manager BD.
- Identify the resource requirements (safety, people, equipment, seed materials, packing material, agro chemicals etc.,) and seek approvals from line manager.
- Prepare Grower/Field wise soaking, transplanting, Agronomy protocols, Rouging, Harvesting and dispatch plans
Monitoring field activity :
- Measure the selected fields with GPS devices, ensure good land preparation, issue required parent seeds for soaking and get the Grower acknowledgements for parent seed distribution.
- Execute the soaking plan in right window, monitor the soaking and submit soaking details to data entry.
- Execute and monitor soaking, transplanting agronomy, rouging, harvesting and raw seed dispatch activities.
- Track the deviations and perform corrective actions.
- Ensure all field quality standards are met through out growing season.
Enhance the Grower base Field team training & Education:
- Conduct awareness meetings on safety, seed procurement terms, code of conduct and seeds product security prior to soaking and record the meeting minutes.
- Educate growers, grower leaders and field supervisors on Production of technology (POT).
- Train, develop and assess Field team to deliver their field duties and ensure rogueing, and harvesting workers are trained sufficiently.
- Conduct meetings at pre-planting, pre-flowering, pre-harvest stage to ensure target quantity and quality is delivery.
Documentation and Communication
- Ensure and coordinate with team to prepare and submit the documents and records as per standard operating procedures/ work instructions and timelines.
- Communications to line managers through e-mails about process execution.
- Weekly yield estimates.
Liaison with Stake holders
- Coordinate with data entry team for smooth multiplication activities in SAP and Grower payments.
- Coordinate with plant operations team for seed and non-seed material placements.
- Liaise with quality team for field quality related activities.
- Submits parent seed reconciliation
Health, Safety, Environment and Security
- Ensure Healthy team Safe practices, safety procedure and Seeds product security as per company norms at field.
- Ensure to implement new Syngenta HSE elements.
Field Production (HR & OP)/Quality/Reliability:
- Select Isolation free fields as per standards
- Field wise agronomy calendar preparation and implementation on time by regular follow ups with field team
- Execute the training calender & provide the training to field team on parent morphology
- Implementing field quality standards for good crop uniformity and health.
- Monitor and ensure timely rouging, GA3 spray and male chopping.
- Ensure reliable field ratings based on field quality standards.
- Isolation maintenance as per standards by following distance and time isolation.
- Interacting with stakeholders visits and sharing purity concerns with concerned stakeholders for corrective actions.
- Weekly reviews with team to track quality management.
- Harvesting in appropriate and recommended moistures.
- Moisture compliance @ dispatch of raw seed.
- Proper drying of raw seed in commn drying yards(CDY)
- Achieve Syngenta quality standards both Genetic purity & Germination.
- Planning for target area as per SPP.
- Right grower/field/village selection based on previous experience.
- Execution of soaking in right sowing window.
- Implementation of right agronomy as per schedules by coordinating with field team
- Maintain the target population to deliver right quantity
- Weekly reviews and meetings on agronomy and crop management
- Deviation tracking and corrective actions for the improvements
- Season end performance analysis and reports.
- Good at Yield estimates
- B.Sc./M.Sc., in Agriculture with 2-3 years of experience in seed production
Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in handling rice seed production at grower field.
- Experience of handling of growers.
- Execute the specific crop field agronomy strategies to achieve defined quality and quantity.
- Generates effective communications, good relations, and a positive image with internal stake holders, suppliers and co- workers, promoting teamwork.
- Identify and initiate corrective action of non-conformance in documentation and processes
- Comply with all Health, Safety, Environment, Security and CSR policies of organization and drive down the line and also ensure timely reporting of related information.
- Should have extensive knowledge in Rice Seed production procedure/techniques
- To document & preparation for process audits in Seed Production HSE & compliance.
- Experience to build strategic partnership with vendors, growers & stakeholders.
- Must possess knowledge of computer. SAP working knowledge is appreciable
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Technically sound in rice agronomy.
- Fluency in English and Bangla.
- Ability to handle technical problem related to seed production.
- Ability to manage team for effective deliverables.
- Influencing and problem-solving skills.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Result Oriented, Proactive & Open minded.
- Decision making abilities
- Strong collaboration with stakeholders
- Willing to travel.
- Mobility as per business requirement.
- Ability to look for new innovations for increased productivity and efficiency.
Job Location: Anywhere in Bangladesh
Jobs Source: online
Note: Private Company in Bangladesh. Bank Jobs Results. Government Jobs Results. Government jobs in Bangladesh. Bank jobs in Bangladesh. NGO jobs in Bangladesh. Private jobs in Bangladesh. Part-time jobs in Bangladesh. Marketing jobs in Bangladesh, IT Center jobs in Bangladesh. Pharma jobs in Bangladesh.
We trust that our distributing data helps the activity searchers who are finding a superior employment. We likewise share slanting assets for learner uniquely who is re-expanding their insight